Thursday, July 19, 2007

Welcome Rob!

My husband has a blog (yawn). Doesn't everybody have a blog now? :P


Lol, I'm happy he's back on the web. After looking at his post, I felt like I should've brought some cheese, because he had a lot of whine.

At least programmers get good parts in films now. Where are the operations planning people?! Movies aren't completely accurate. As long as the average Joe can follow the story the benchmark has been met.


I put him on the blogroll as 'Rob's Temp Site'.

1 comment:

Rob said...

"Doesn't everybody have a blog now? :P"

Or blogs. ;)

"After looking at his post, I felt like I should've brought some cheese, because he had a lot of whine."

I think you're confused about the point I was trying to make (especially given what you say next).

"At least programmers get good parts in films now. Where are the operations planning people?!"

My criticism wasn't directed at the characters at all; I was discussing unrealistic plot points and settings that didn't fit with the theme of the movie.

"Movies aren't completely accurate. As long as the average Joe can follow the story the benchmark has been met."

If John McClane suddenly did a wire-fu jump kick to take out the jet by unbalancing it at the end of Life Free, the average Joe would probably find it very lame since it flies in the face of the style of the movie. (The same thing thing happening in a stylized wuxia movie might be fine with the average Joe, though.)

It's not just a matter of having an understandable story: it's a matter of having unbroken suspension of disbelief.